VPP4Islands project proposes disruptive solutions based on digital twin concept, Virtual energy
storage systems (VESS) and Distributed Ledger technology (DLT) to revolutionize the existing VPP and build smart energy communities.
A software representation of a physical asset, system or process designed to detect, prevent, predict, and optimize through real time analytics to deliver business value.
Aggregation-oriented, value-added services for stakeholders, customers and operators in the energy market are part of the new technological and business frontier in the EU's Green Deal strategy, in particular for islands and according to their specific needs and characteristics
About our VPP4Islands project
The ambition of VPP4Islands is to become the leader of Island decarbonisation and VPP development that promotes decentralized and sustainable energy systems through open innovative tools and concepts while considering the island challenges, infrastructures and implementation costs. In order to mitigate uncertainties that are inherent in renewable energy sources, VPP4Islands will be able to create flexible and interoperable VPPs that can be integrated more easily with existing grid systems without negatively impacting stability.
VPP4Islands project Consortium gathers 19 harmonized partners from 7 different European Member States and 1 Associated Country (France, Germany, United Kingdom, Netherland, Italy, Spain, Denmark and Turkey). The consortium includes 5 RTOs, 1 association, 1 large company, 7 SMEs, 1 DSO, 1 leading Island and 3 followers.
Check all VPP4ISLANDS news and events:
- Today 27-06-2023 the review meeting in Brussels, find here the Agenda_27June2023
- VPP4ISLANDS will be present in EUSEW from 20-22 June 2023 in #Brussels
- VPP4ISLANDS is looking for volunteers to join our EC in Formentera (form here)
- RDIUP from VPP4ISLANDS is participating in a replication case organized by GIFT project on 6th June ! SAVE DATE
A workshop organized by ALWA AMU and RDIUP AEIT-FLYER-v2
Here our agenda of General assembly meeting in Spain GA in March 2023 Spain, Palma.
- From 13th to 15th February VPP4ISLANDS will meet in Marseille for the VPP4INode integration
- From 16th to 20th January 2023 VPP4ISLANDS will meet in Madrid to start the full integration
- AMU organized our second physical General Meeting in March in Spain.
- VPP4ISLANDS is participating in BRIDGE Events WGs
to learn from other experiences and share findings with other European projects.